Meggie the Bad Cat's Blog






Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day. I don't get to see my own father any more. He lives far away. Mommy and Daddy don't get to see their fathers any more either because they are both dead. I hope they are with Amy. A book just came out which has some stories in it about my mommy's father. Maybe you would like to read it. It is called Two Gold Coins and a Prayer. You can buy it at www.appellpublishing.com or www.amazon.com. Mommy bought a copy. My "gramps'" photo is on the cover. He is the second one from the right in the back row. Mommy says it is a book with a lot of humor in it, but it's also about the biggest and worst war the world has ever seen. Mommy cried in parts of it when she thinks about what her daddy and the other soldiers went through so that I could live free.

No comments:

Post a Comment