Meggie the Bad Cat's Blog






Sunday, June 6, 2010

News About Amy

So far, so good in my new home.  I did fetch and carry a soft little ball and did other cute things that just thrilled my new mom.  She took lots of pictures of me and lots of video. She didn't seem to mind my "bad" actions such as knocking things on the floor.  Indeed, I got to do a lot of things I had never done before. My new mommy didn't mind if I climbed on the counters. In fact, she even gave me my food on the counter.

About Amy - yes, I missed her.  Mommy Sarah said that Amy was happy not having to keep up with me.  She ate and played and seemed not to miss me. A few weeks later she started to be under the bed all of the time. Mommy Sarah took her temperature and immediately rushed her off to the vet.

Amy was on an antibiotic for several days - but after four weeks nursing her with antibiotics and numerous blood tests, the vet said that Amy, sweet Amy, had FIP.  That means Feline Infectious Peritionis. Mommy explained that only 5% of the kitties with it survive. I was very upset upon hearing this news. Mommy Sarah wrote to universities and all over trying to find a cure. There is none.  No vaccine, no test, not even on an autopsy. Amy died. Mommy Sarah was really, really heartbroken. So was I. My new mommy said that Amy went to the Rainbow Bridge where all cats and dogs go when they die. So some day I'll get to see my little sister again.

No comments:

Post a Comment