Meggie the Bad Cat's Blog






Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Great Escape

The other day Mommy was leaving for work. She had her arms full of everything but the kitchen sink. That's an expression people sometimes use, "everything but the kitchen sink". I don't quite understand it, but Mommy uses it a lot. Anyway, Mommy opened the door to leave for work, and, quick like a bunny, (that's another expression) I ran between her legs and I was FREE!! Freedom was wonderful. Not that I don't like where I live, but it was so good to be out. However, I had no idea where I was. There was just this long hallway.

I took off running down the hall. Mommy dropped everything in her arms right there on the floor and chased after me. I ran down a little way and turned right. Oh no. No way out there. Mommy tried to catch me when I turned around and came back. I turned back down the hallway the way I was going in the first place. Mommy came after me. Then she stopped. I saw I could not get out that way and so I turned back towards my mommy. Mommy knelt down. I tried to squeeze myself between Mommy and the wall, but Mommy lunged forward and grabbed me. I tried to get loose, but she wouldn't let go of me. Mommy was upset. She stood up and held on very tightly to me. Geez, Mommy, not so hard. Then Mommy walked back down the hall and opened the door to where we live. I knew she was very mad at me. I could feel her heart pounding. Mommy said I was very bad, but then kissed me on top of my head. I like it when my mommy kisses me. I know she loves me. Maybe some day I will escape again.

1 comment:

  1. OH, Meggie, I think you were a bad kitty.
    You shouldn't have run away so far. You really frightened your mom. Don't do that again.
    I understand you are going to be on
    Animal Planet tonight. I will watch it.
    Your friend,
    Troubles

    ReplyDelete